Application for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in Project
Project titled: Deployable 3D Photoacoustic CT System Development for Early Stage Breast Cancer Detection and Therapeutics Monitoring .
Project No. ICMR-21-0254
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Essential qualifications/experience: M.Sc. / M. Tech. /B.Tech or equivalent degree in Physics, Engineering (Instrumentation, Mechanical Eng, Electrical Eng, ECE), interdisciplinary with minimum 70% marks.
Desired qualifications: Motivated and self-driven records, Prior work experience/hands-on training in Instrumentation, Quartus-II, FPGA, coding in Matlab, Python, Labview, motor control, PLC, Servo motor, Design, and or experienced with Optics, Ultrasound, Photoacoustic, the inverse problem, large data analysis ML, AI are essential but not mandatory. (The candidates should have qualified National Eligibility Test /or GATE or any other equivalent national level exams).
Duration: Initially for 1 years (extendable up to 2 years after progress review and as per the availability of funds)
Salary: As per project ICMR-ICRC norms and conditions
Candidates are requested to include their name in the file name as “Application_name”.
Selection process: Based on essential qualifications supported by the necessary documents and prior work experience (as mentioned above), only the shortlisted candidates will be informed via email about the online interview details.
- Appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any
notice or compensation on termination of the research project. Leaving of position will be done after one month of accepting resignation letter from candidate or on mutual understanding basis.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in Funding
- Appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the
funding agency particularly applicable to the said project
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized
Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere
possession of same does not entitled candidates to be called for interview. Where
number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not
be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the
Screening/shortlisting, the Project Leader/ Principal
Investigator may restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interview to
a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over
and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the
interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the
relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty at the earliest on receipt of the offer Letter.
- No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be
entertained on the matter.